I’m home from work with a sick baby today and feeling under the weather myself. There’s a few inches of snow on the ground here in the ‘burbs of Boston and still more sleet coming down. Perfect day to dig out the slow cooker and make some Sick Day “Chowdah” for tonight. I modified a few recipes that I found on Pinterest (of course), and here’s how mine came out.
- ¼ pound maple bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. fresh haddock, skinned and cut into small pieces
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used Russet)
- 2 lb. frozen corn kernels
- 1yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Season All or other seasoned salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 16 ounces half & half
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients except for the half & half in the slow cooker.
- Cook in the slow cooker on high for 6 hours.
- Add half & half and continue cooking, uncovered, for another 15 minutes, until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.