Really looking forward to some much-needed girl time at Dinner Club tonight! The theme is “Happy New Year!” and I volunteered to be in charge of dessert. I’ve been looking for an excuse to make a Judy-fied version of this cake that I’ve been drooling over on Pinterest for the past few weeks.
There’s nothing healthy about this so if you’re dead set on staying true to your New Year’s Resolution (notice how I assume that everyone has the same NYR), look away now. Seriously. Avert your gaze.
Okay, here’s how mine turned out…
This sinfully delicious and easy-to-make (a requirement for me) dessert is aptly named Resolutions Be Damned! Cake.
1 box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 ¼ cups water
½ cup vegetable oil
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 16 oz. jar hot fudge topping
1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
1 8 oz. bag of Heath English Toffee Bits (The bag says “Bits ‘O Brickle” …not sure what that even means)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare pan to keep cake from sticking by lightly coating bottom of pan with no-stick cooking spray.
3. As directed on cake mix box, blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl until moistened. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or whisk by hand for 2 minutes.
4. Bake 31-35 minutes at 350 degrees F in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
5. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes throughout the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
6. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Then, let cool completely.
7. Spread hot fudge over the cake and put in the fridge to set.
8. When it is completely cool, spread Cool Whip over the top of the cake.
9. Top with Heath toffee bits.
10. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This cake can be made the night before and kept in the fridge overnight which makes it even more moist.